1. Introduction and General Terms The Site is operated by TPC Inc., a company registered in the State of Delaware, United States of America. The Site allows customers to view and purchase feminine products, among other things (“Services”). Where we decide the purpose or means for the processing of the Personal Data that you provide when using our Site, we are the “data controller” for the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”). Our Site may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our Site is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would recommend that you review their respective privacy policies and our Terms.
Contacting Us (Your Enquiries) If you contact us via our Site, to make an enquiry or otherwise, in certain situations we will ask you to provide a limited amount of Personal Data about yourself, such as your name, email address, and your message or enquiry in the free text box. We will use this information to respond to your enquiries, for example: In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will process your enquiries to reply to your query, including providing you with information about the Services we offer and keeping track of your purchase history. We may also process enquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our Services. You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you choose to not provide us with relevant information, we may not be able to respond and/or provide the assistance that you request.
Mailing List If you ask to be added to our mailing list by subscribing to our newsletter, we will keep you updated with information on news, offers, updates on new feminine and other products and events via email. We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email. In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will use the email address you give us via our Site to provide you with this information. If you would like to be removed from that list, please let us know by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive. After you unsubscribe, you will be removed from our mailing list within a reasonable time. There may also be circumstances where we will ask you for your prior consent in respect of our use of your Personal Data or where we may rely on an alternative lawful basis to process your Personal Data in which case you will be notified at the time.
All content you submit to us If you send us objectionable content or otherwise behave in a disruptive manner when using our Site, we may process Personal Data included in your messages to respond to and stop such behavior. We only process Personal Data in this way for the legitimate interests of ensuring that use of our Site is lawful, does not disrupt our systems, does not harass our staff or other individuals, to enforce our legal rights, and to comply with our legal obligations. Where we reasonably believe you are or may be in breach of the law (for instance, because content you send amounts to harassment or is defamatory), we may use your Personal Data to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content. Where we process Personal Data in this way, we will hold that Personal Data on our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve these objectives, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements).
AUGUST does not sell your Personal Information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes, which are not a sale: (i) if you direct us to share your Personal Information, (ii) to comply with your requests under the CCPA, (iii) disclosures as part of a merger or asset sale, and (iv) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
We collect various categories of Personal Information when you use the Site, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information. A more detailed description of the information we collect and how we use it is provided above. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights: Right to Know. You have the right to access and request that we inform you of the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose to third parties; Right to Obtain a Copy. You have the right to make or obtain a transportable copy of your Personal Information that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining. Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from you and are maintaining. Please be advised, however, that exceptions under the CCPA may allow us to retain and use certain Personal Information notwithstanding your deletion request; and Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our Site and Services, we will need to verify your identity before processing your request. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Additionally, Nevada law (SB §220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. AUGUST does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law.
All requests for information or changes to your preferences must be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” or “Request for Nevada Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of the message, and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to us if not submitted pursuant to the terms set forth above.
6. Children We do not use the Site to knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com or write to us at TPC Inc., 132 Hunt Drive, Princeton NJ 08540. We will delete such information within a reasonable time.
7. Security We will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered via the use of our Site and Services taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of our Site visitors and customers. In particular, we will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of or access to the Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us. Please be aware that, while we make the security of our Site and your Personal Data a high priority and devote considerable time and resources to maintain robust IT security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. When you choose to share your Personal Data with us, you accept the aforesaid and provide your information at your own risk.
9. Retention Periods or Criteria We will hold your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose for which that Personal Data was obtained unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we retain Personal Data while your Account is active and not closed, and if you do not delete your Account, your Personal Data may remain within your Account even if you have not recently purchased a Product, for the purposes of providing you access to the Site, and as otherwise stated herein. You can delete your Account at any time by following the instructions in the Account settings. If you would like us to stop using or holding your Personal Data and/or would like to request its deletion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Changes This Policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy here https://itsaugust.co/INSERT, and, where feasible, by letting you know by email or your account.
11. Contact Us Questions, comments and requests in relation to this Policy are welcome and should be addressed to TPC Inc., 132 Hunt Drive, Princeton NJ 08540 and via email to email@example.com. You may also call us toll-free at: 6095751255. Last Updated: March 1, 2021